Making funny faces in his high chair!
This one cracks me up. Funny baby! I'm not sure how he eats breadsticks with no teeth yet, but somehow he manages it. On that note...it seems a bit strange that his teeth are so slow in appearing...I'm not worried or anything, just wondering when they'll show up. He does seem to have one that has come through on the bottom, but you can't even really see it yet (granted, this is partly because he refuses to let us look at it--he opens his mouth fine but then leaves his tongue lolling about in the way and FREAKS if we try to move it...and let me tell you, tongues are slippery and difficult things to move around if the person in question is not cooperating, hahahaha...).
I clearly need to start buying him socks all in one colour, so that this sort of thing does not happen, haha.
Hanging out with Dad. (He can now make the sound "dada" but clearly has no idea that it ought to be associated with Travis. We are valiantly trying to impress this idea upon him, mostly by my gesturing frantically towards Travis whenever he makes the sound (even though I have read that babies up to a certain age don't understand when you point at things and tend to look at the pointing finger rather than follow the line to where it is pointing. So maybe what will come of all this is Em thinking that "dada" means "finger". Sigh.)).
Mohawk!!! Mom, when I did this I was thinking of what you used to do with Zachary's hair. (Of course he had a lot more of it to work with!) Also the single curl you used to do with Sarah's hair when she was a baby. I confess that I had to use a little hair gel to make this one happen.

p.s. weighed him on the home scale the other day, he came in at 22.6 pounds!
I think Avery was 9 months before she got her first tooth. And then at 1 year old she only had 2 teeth and that's all she had until she was 18 months old. At which point she got all the rest of her teeth over the course of one week. It was a sucky week. But at least it was over quickly rather than getting a new tooth every month. :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like his hair is coming in pretty well now. Though I may not be the best one to judge good timing on hair. I was apparently nearly bald until I was 2.
ReplyDelete