Saturday, May 7, 2011

what we did today

Today Travis is gone all day playing paintball, so it has just been me and Em (he is napping right now so I am going to try to get this posted before he wakes up!).

Me when I woke up this morning - Travis had to leave the house by about 6.15 so it was a bit of an early start for a weekend!

When Em woke up we just hung around the house for awhile. ...
...watched some Diego...
...had a bottle...
He is getting pretty good at holding his own bottle, FINALLY. I suspect he has partly avoided it till now out of pure laziness.
In the late morning we walked down to Berkeley Square, of the famous Vera Lynn song.!! I'd walked by it last week on the way home from the wedding and wanted to go back and see it properly. This picture does not do it justice at all, it's a really beautiful little park. It was 3.7 miles there and back so we got our exercise for the day (well, I did. Emrys rode in his backpack like a little princeling...).
I look very evil in this picture. Oh well...
Em chilling on the grass, chewing on a piece of bread from my sandwich.
Why, hello there!
One thing I really have to give to London parks is the number of benches they have. Look at this! As opposed to SK where we get, like, two benches per park, max, and then jealously eye whoever gets to them first while woefully eating our lunches standing up...




I have no idea what he's doing with his tongue here, but it's hilarious.
Standing by his backpack, clearly giving me the hint-hint that he is ready to leave now...
View from the north entrance of the park. Isn't it pretty?

Interesting Historical Fact # 1: the trees here are more than two hundred years old
Interesting Historical Fact # 2: during the War, a unit of the United States Army was stationed here and there were also air raid shelters on the grounds.

OK, I am now going to run and try to do the dishes before Emrys wakes up! xo Becky


No comments:

Post a Comment