Saturday, January 29, 2011

Em's new high chair!

Yesterday (Friday) we went back out to IKEA to buy Em a high chair. We are getting to be quite the old hat at the trip out there! It was super cheap, too--£15, so 20 or 25 bucks.

We started out by having lunch in the IKEA cafe. There are always SO MANY BABIES when we go there! IKEA is totally THE place to hang, apparently, if you have a child younger than 2 and live in London. Strollers everywhere!!

Anyway, here is Em, trying out the high chair at the cafe! It's the same model we ended up buying, just a different colour. He is gnawing on one of Trav's fries.

And here it is, in action!! (Please ignore the background mess. What I clearly need is a house with NO FLAT SURFACES of any kind. A house entirely built on angles. Then POSSIBLY I would manage to not have piles of clothes/papers springing up everywhere, haha...).
Check it out, Mom, I think that in this one he looks like me when I was his age. Maybe? Mostly because of how long his head looks, cause if I recall correctly my head at this age was quite excessively tall. ("Was?" you say, "surely it still is?" Oh be quiet.)
WHY HELLO THERE!!!!
Lovin' his new chair. I think he likes being able to see things from an angle other than the floor.

Watching Dad playing his video game!

I realize these last two are not of his high chair, but I'm just sticking them in here anyway. Here is an action shot (I use the word "action" here loosely) of Em in his play pen.
AND...look! I think he is finally growing a little more hair. Yes I realize it is pathetic that this paltry amount is getting me excited but, people, I have not had much to work with up to this point. I am the person that dreamed of giving her baby a full Astro-boy hairdo immediately after birth. SO...the fact that it kind of tufts up a little, at least, is something.
Love, Becky.

No comments:

Post a Comment