Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hi all! I know I still haven't posted Portugal pictures yet--and I still plan to--but to ease back into things I thought I'd just put up a bunch of pictures from December and January. No real theme to this post, other than "things we do, or see, day to day". And there are alot just of Emrys hanging out (yes, I know, you are shocked. SHOCKED.).

So, to start off (brace yourselves folks, once again this is a VERY picture-heavy post): Trav and Emrys hanging in the easy chair. Please be assured that Emrys was not NEARLY as squished as he looks.
Why hello mom!
WHAT IS THAT THING YOU ARE HOLDING?!?
Me and Emrys. Wow, you are going to think that all we ever do is sit in this chair.
Look! We also lie on beds. This is me and Em being twinsies.


In December Trav and I went with our visiting friend, Samantha, to see the musical Wicked (basically a retelling of the Wizard of Oz, and based on a series of books Trav really likes). The musical itself was kind of underwhelming (and NOTHING like the books, which was disappointing), but it was still fun and the theatre itself was amazing. This isn't a great picture cause it's taken from our seats up in the nosebleed section, but please note the GIANT DRAGON hovering over the stage.
Outside the theatre after the show!
Em playing with his soother. They call them "dummies" here but I just can't get used to that. I also can't get used to saying "loo" instead of washroom, so usually I kind of lamely compromise and say "toilet" which also works, haha. At least they know what I mean whereas "washroom" just gets blank stares. I do now say "lift" instead of elevator, though.
Emrys at the window (we had just come in from a walk...I do not normally dress him like this around the house. FYI). It is still ridiculously too big for him, and made of stiff pleather, which does not help the situation. Oh well, at least it is freakishly warm.
This is my new favorite picture of him! So cute.
In the courtyard of the Natural History Museum. As you can see they have a carousal set up! Also a Christmas tree. And, to the right (outside the picture), they have a skating rink which you have to pay thirteen pounds to skate on (i.e. 20 bucks). Travis and I were all WHAT!!! GO TO CANADA YOU SUCKERS AND SKATE FOR FREE. ON THE ROADS, IF YOU SO DESIRE.
Watching TV on my laptop and holding bud, who fell asleep after eating. As he tends to do.
With one of his favorite toys, Sophie the giraffe.
One side of the living room, with the computer and our bulletin board with photos from home. Also the poster of the cabin in the rain (Mom, you know the one?) that has been in most of the houses I have lived in since I was little. It's like my little piece of continuity wherever we move.
The view from right behind the main campus of my school. This is looking east down the Thames. Waterloo Bridge is in the foreground, then behind it you can see Big Ben and to the left, hiding in the tree, the London Eye. Also, please note how I got a red double-decker bus in this picture too (crossing the bridge). I should be a postcard photographer, if the whole academia thing falls through...
One of the first times he got himself up on all fours!
The view from the 6th floor of one of the libraries I often go to. The building is just a hotel but it looks super picturesque and I was always "oh man I should take a picture of that". So, I finally did.
Em, looking SUPER alert for a change, haha.
In his baybini, playing with a drawer. I caught him in the act. NOT COOL, baby.
And now reaching for his bottle. Not that he has really mastered how to drink out of it and hold it at the same time. He mostly sprays himself in the face and looks confused.
SO HAPPY!!! This is his new outfit from Grandma and Grandpa Littlechilds.
Up on all fours! And holding a piece of his NEW DUPLO (Trav is very excited to have discovered a Lego store in a mall not too far away...it will be our financial undoing I suspect..).
This is how he likes to sleep...pulling on my hair. He cannot get enough of hair.
Hanging with Dad.




And that's all for now folks! I'll try to get the Portugal pics up soon. Thanks for putting up with my massively long absences. xo Becky


2 comments:

  1. For the record, in Scotland, they basically only refer to the bathroom as "the toilet." Perhaps you are in the wrong area of the United Kingdom. Perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, new pictures! Yay! also happy birthday, i know in my email i called you 30... I am aware it is only 29, was just trying to freak you out. Thats so cool how you still have the cabin in the rain picture, I remember it well, I still have the two gulls flying in the blue sky picture, you know the one?

    ReplyDelete