This day turned into a bit of a fiasco before we even got to the museum. Let me tell you about it, in hopes that my lack of a brain will give you a good laugh at least! It was One Of Those Days, let me tell you. So, before we went to the museum, we stopped at a nearby McDonald's for lunch. This part was still fine (though Emrys was a bit fussy). Just as we left McDonald's and were about to head to the museum, I thought "well I better make up a bottle and see if he'll take it now, since he's getting fussy". It turned out, dear people, that in my brilliance I had remembered the formula and the water to mix it with, but had failed to pack an actual bottle. !! Cue panic. We both grumpily decided to just go home. Then I had the brilliant idea to see if there were any bottles for sale at Waterloo Station (where we would be catching the tube home anyways). So we walked back to Waterloo. They did have a bottle! which I bought. Whereupon Travis immediately found an old bottle hidden in the recesses of the stroller. ARGHHHH. By this point I was feeling that the whole thing was turning into a debacle. BUT we were not about to give on the day just yet, so back we went to the museum. The museum itself went off fairly smoothly (apart from Emrys yelling intermittently throughout), but I managed to distinguish myself once more time on our way home, when I went to buy a couple of donuts from a concession stand and proceeded a) to pay the guy too much, even though I had VERY SPECIFICALLY AND CAREFULLY just counted out the money (don't ask) and then b) drop the donut on the ground. What a day.
Anyway, on to the pictures.
The museum is right on the south bank of the Thames, across the river from the Houses of Parliament (behind me) and beside the London Eye.
The London Eye! Notice that one of the pods is broken, near the bottom on the right side--Trav and I were joking that he should ask if he could ride around on that one for free.
Me and baby inside the museum. I have no idea what this is from, but! it is a giant chess piece!
Trav and Em in front of the Dalek/Dr. Who display! (For those who don't know: Dr. Who is a very popular British sci-fi/fantasy show, and the Daleks (the robots) are basically the main villains. It's all more awesome than it sounds, I promise, haha.) I love this picture, the super-serious look on Trav's face + the dramatic purple lighting = hilarious.
They had this room where you sat up on a bench and video cameras were set up to record you, and then they superimposed you onto the screen to make it look like you were racing around the landmarks of London. I'm pretty sure my description of that just made NO sense but...hopefully you will get the idea. Here is Trav, racing by Big Ben!!
A GIANT bench. I am assuming it is a prop for movies in which people have been shrunk? Or something. Anyway. What Travis really wanted was for Em to sit on it all by himself, because it would have looked HILARIOUS! Unfortunately Emrys was having none of that. Oh well.
Me with uniforms from the Band of Brothers series! Those of you who know me well will know that this is A. Big. Deal., haha.
Emrys expresses his feelings about visiting the museum.

The London Eye! Notice that one of the pods is broken, near the bottom on the right side--Trav and I were joking that he should ask if he could ride around on that one for free.
Me and baby inside the museum. I have no idea what this is from, but! it is a giant chess piece!
Trav and Em in front of the Dalek/Dr. Who display! (For those who don't know: Dr. Who is a very popular British sci-fi/fantasy show, and the Daleks (the robots) are basically the main villains. It's all more awesome than it sounds, I promise, haha.) I love this picture, the super-serious look on Trav's face + the dramatic purple lighting = hilarious.
They had this room where you sat up on a bench and video cameras were set up to record you, and then they superimposed you onto the screen to make it look like you were racing around the landmarks of London. I'm pretty sure my description of that just made NO sense but...hopefully you will get the idea. Here is Trav, racing by Big Ben!!
A GIANT bench. I am assuming it is a prop for movies in which people have been shrunk? Or something. Anyway. What Travis really wanted was for Em to sit on it all by himself, because it would have looked HILARIOUS! Unfortunately Emrys was having none of that. Oh well.
Me with uniforms from the Band of Brothers series! Those of you who know me well will know that this is A. Big. Deal., haha.
Emrys expresses his feelings about visiting the museum.

No comments:
Post a Comment