Saturday, September 11, 2010

three days and counting...

Good news item of the day: it so far seems that I was just being paranoid last night and that Em is not in fact sick. Either that, or a) a fever came, broke, and departed in the space of a few hours last night (possible, but seems unlikely), or b) he is biding his time and will break out in the full manifestation of sickness as we are waiting to board the plane. Probably I should attempt to prepare myself for that possibility. At the moment though his temperature is normal and he seems much more himself than yesterday.

Bad news item of the day: still lots of packing to do. Included in this is deciding what to do with a pile of clothing that I shall call the "I don't quite fit these yet post-pregnancy and to be honest I never quite fit them, ever, except on my skinny days, but they are such great clothes that I can't bear to throw them out and will instead live in hope/denial" pile. It is all fine and good to have such a pile when one has, you know, a basement, and lots of closet space into which such clothes can quietly disappear. But when one is trying to get all worldly possessions down to four duffel bags and a suitcase, it becomes decidedly harder to justify.

But. They are such great clothes! And maybe in London I'll be seized by a fit of exercise mania. What? It could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment