Saturday, September 25, 2010

baby's first shiner!!


Poor Em fell off of the armchair today. My fault: I had laid him down on his back with his feet facing out, and he slipped down and then flipped forward at the edge of the chair and did a headplant. Yes, I felt very guilty. Very very guilty. And became hysterical for a brief moment in time ("is his brain all right? are his pupils dilating? do you think he will start throwing up?" I shrieked, as if Travis would automatically and instantly know all of these things). But there has been no vomiting, etc., and as it is now the end of the day I think we can safely say that he is fine. I suspect the whole thing was far more traumatic for us than for him--he cried hard at first, but as soon as I took him to look out the window he was instantly distracted and calmed right down, haha.

Anyway, and the proof!!




5 comments:

  1. All parents have to have a moment like that to keep them humble. :) Welcome to the club. Mine was when I put Kieran in a jolly jumper - the kind that hangs on the door frame. But the frame I hooked it on was rounded instead of square and while he was jumping it slipped off the frame and he fell, smashing his head SUPER HARD on a nearby shelf. OH THE GUILT!!! But he appears not to have suffered any brain damage - unless you count his inability to play alone for one single second EVER. Hope the little guy is feeling better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well beck, look at the bright side. if there is lasting brain damage he will fit in over there much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well its been six days and no reply from becky. I have a haunting feeling she's in a dark cold place being assimilated.! poor Beck;fight back Beck you have people who love you.Think of your family! Get a sign out i have connections & can send people to whisk you out of there----oh oh someones at the door!& theres a peculiar stench about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Johnny--no fear, I'm still alive (for now) after narrowly escaping the plague. p.s. you should probably change your locks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon--you are now going to have me obsessively checking the door frame every time I put our jolly jumper up. :) Or hovering beside him with my hands braced to catch him as he jumps in it which CLEARLY IS THE POINT OF JOLLY JUMPERS. I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I suppose the critical point in all this (as can be said about most moments in my life) is "relax, Becky".

    ReplyDelete